The Hackney Lib Dems have set up a virtual phonebank for their members to call residents potentially impacted by the Coronavirus in the borough.
The Hackney Liberal Democrats have called for the Mayor of Hackney to set up a Volunteer Task Force in Hackney to help charities and community groups in vital need due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
More than a million people have so far signed an official petition opposing Prime Minister Boris Johnson's plans to shut down Parliament in September and prevent MPs from taking action to prevent a No Deal Brexit. Over 11,000 people in Hackney have signed the petition so far.
The Liberal Democrats are celebrating today after an extremely strong showing in the European elections.
Irina Von Wiese, Dinesh Dhamija and Luisa Porritt have been elected as London’s new Liberal Democrat MEPs where the party beat Labour overall, topping the poll in the capital.
Brexit is a national embarrassment.
And while they're trying to keep their position on Brexit as vague as possible, Labour has aided the Tories in pushing it through every step of the way. They're a pro-Brexit party.
In fact, we did some digging. The Labour whip has instructed parliamentarians to abstain or vote with the Tory government on 29 Brexit votes. These include:
- Voting with the government on 6 occasions for pushing ahead with Brexit and abstaining in a further 23 important votes.
- 1 time Labour MPs abstained on preventing a no-deal Brexit.
- A key vote on 14 March to have a People’s Vote on the Brexit deal. Labour stopped this happening.
- 5 times Labour abstained on keeping the UK in the EU single market and/or customs union, and 1 time they voted against it.
- 1 time Labour peers abstained on safeguarding the rights of EU citizens in the UK.
- There were 10 votes on the EU (Withdrawal) Bill in 2017 and 2018 in which the Labour party abstained.
A German-born lawyer, the daughter and granddaughter of refugees, will lead the Liberal Democrats' London list in Euro elections now scheduled for May 23rd.
Hackney Lib Dem’s accuse the Town Hall of not taking the problem of fly-tipping seriously as the council admit to losing track of the figures for a whole year.
The Liberal Democrats have again urged Meg Hillier to back a People’s Vote on the final Brexit deal.